Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is Ovid Nursing?
- Small bibliographic database of nursing literature
- Years of coverage: 1946 to present.
- There can be formatting issues with exporting records to Endnote
- Content appears to be a duplicate of other databases such as Medline, Ovid Emcare and CINAHL
How to search Ovid Nursing
- Use the same method as searching Ovid Medline - combining subject headings and textwords
- Subject headings will appear slightly different (Ovid Nursing uses a different set of terms)
- Simple search syntax (commands) such as .ti,ab are exactly the same
If you already have a Medline search strategy
Translating a search from Ovid Medline to Ovid Nursing
- Use your Ovid Medline search strategy as a cheat sheet.
- The layout of Ovid Nursing is very similar to Medline, except the subject headings are different
- SEARCH FOR DATABASE SPECIFIC SUBJECT HEADINGS (this is the main difference - subject headings in Medline and Ovid Nursing are very different)
- Textword search lines will be the same, as long as you have kept to title and abstract fields - you can copy and paste these in
- The way you group concepts will be the same