Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Cochrane Library Quick Link
What is the Cochrane Library?
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL)
- Cochrane Clinical Answers
Top tips - searching the Cochrane Library
- If you already have a Medline search strategy, translate that into Cochrane using the Polyglot Search Translator
- If starting from scratch, Wiley search support: Cochrane Library training
If you already have a Medline search strategy
Translating a search strategy from Ovid Medline to the Cochrane Library:
- Use Advanced Search > Medical term (MeSH) - Search Manager tab
- Good news - Cochrane Library uses MeSH like Medline (so you don't have to rethink the subject headings) BUT the syntax (commands) look radically different
- Use the Polyglot tool to translate text search lines from Ovid Medline to Cochrane Library eg caregivers/ or caregiv*.ti,ab becomes [mh ^caregivers] OR caregiv*:ti,ab
- Results will be provided in different tabs on the side of your search screen, so make sure you download each set separately to get them all