The SVHM Carl De Gruchy Library can assist you with literature searching techniques and EndNote (reference management software)
through online meeting tutorials.
We can offer tutorials through Microsoft Teams or through Zoom (Obs limited time frame)
MS Teams is the preferred videoconferencing software utilised by SVHA.
Teams meeting invitation
- A Librarian will set up a meeting for you according to your preference and availability
- A meeting request will be sent and set up in your Teams and/or Outlook calendar. Please refer to the online RSVP e-mail and (Join link) sent to your e-mail or refer to your meeting in your Teams calendar
Outlook E-mail invitation
Teams calendar Invitation
Ms Team features
- Once you have joined the meeting: ensure video and audio are working and are ON. Familiarise yourself with the Ms Team feature icons.
- For Literature Searching in another browser window, open up your database, i.e. Medline. Access Medline from SVHM Library homepage ⇒Databases⇒Medline
- For EndNote tutorials: in another window have your EndNote library open or any other information page or material sent by your trainer
Ms Team icons. The dot section enables More actions, see below
Sharing your desktop
- Your desktop while in Medline can be shared with your trainer via Ms Teams. Access Medline and then share the website using the Share screen feature via Teams. Select Share. This icon is highlighted by a yellow dot.
- To share your Medline or EndNote Library window, have your web page open and select Entire screen, Application window, or Chrome.
- A specific web page or program is easy to access through your Application window.
- Whiteboard (app) can be selected to run a presentation
- Make sure you have your Shared screen set to Full screen.
Videoconferencing tips & etiquette
- Due to technology performance, the audio or sometimes even the video screen might have to be turned off. Screen sharing can also at times compromise the quality of images. A meeting of more than 2 people can affect both video and audio quality.
- Viewing all participants in a MS Teams videocall: the "grid version", where you can see all participants video can at times drop off or be disabled in the browser version.By installing the MS Teams app you are sure of always seeing participants in a meeting as this is the default setting.
- While sharing a screen try to maximise your screen page so it is easier to see content.
- Try to mute your audio when someone else is speaking and listen before turning on your audio to answer.
To learn more about Ms Teams, please see SVHA Teams documentation
MICROSOFT TEAMS TOOLKIT – SVHA documentation via CONNECT
Ms Teams Office Support & videos
Learn Ms Teams in 7 min (YouTube video - Channels, Chats, Document collaboration- Competitive Computing Consultants Inc.)
Zoom Client for Meetings installation
- Zoom is a leading video/audio conferencing application. It can be freely downloaded from the web. Downloading the app to your desktop or device is recommended for an improved user experience.
However, you can also join a meeting without downloading the software. While Zoom is free, each meeting has a limitation of 40 minutes.
- A Librarian will schedule a meeting with you and send a link to join a meeting
Getting started on Zoom Client for Meetings - for Windows and Mac (Zoom Help Center)
Zoom video tutorials
Top 20 Zoom resources
Support during the COVID-19 pandemic